- Pitching – a judge’s perspective
- Today was a really tough day
- A Hard Sell!
- Brief introduction to social media
- What are the vital tasks that young businesses need to undertake in order to succeed?
- A new year begins with a snapshot, friends and memories
- Entrepreneurial students are where will Scotland’s economic growth will come from.
- Positive attitudes!
- So many communications channels!
- Social Media Etiquette (or TMI?)
Category Archives: Education
I blame the media. No, we’re not talking superinjunctions this time; it’s just a bit of a misunderstanding, that’s all. But passions are running high. As I’m sure most of my regular readers are aware, I’m involved in a community … Continue reading
I’ve just taken part in a debate at the first SHEEF (Scottish Higher Education Employability Forum) conference, supporting the motion: ‘This house believes that, in this day and age, high level transferable skills in graduates are more important than specialist … Continue reading
I’ve been reading with interest some responses to Peter Thiel’s (founder of PayPal & Facebook investor) announcement that he is to provide 24 young people with $100k to drop out of college and start their own businesses. http://www.fastcompany.com/1755089/legendary-investor-peter-thiel-names-dream-team-of-whiz-kids It seems … Continue reading
A wee while ago, I wrote a blog post about some of the things that the Scottish Institute for Enterprise (SIE) is doing to encourage students to think about setting up their own business after they graduate. Last week, SIE … Continue reading
I’m fortunate enough to head up an organisation that exists to encourage students to become more entrepreneurial, and to consider starting their own businesses. I have a great team, and we see some really amazing young people with great ideas. … Continue reading