- Pitching – a judge’s perspective
- Today was a really tough day
- A Hard Sell!
- Brief introduction to social media
- What are the vital tasks that young businesses need to undertake in order to succeed?
- A new year begins with a snapshot, friends and memories
- Entrepreneurial students are where will Scotland’s economic growth will come from.
- Positive attitudes!
- So many communications channels!
- Social Media Etiquette (or TMI?)
Author Archives: Fiona
I’ve sat on a lot of judging panels, and so I thought it would be useful to give you some insights into what matters to the judges. Every competition is different, but there are a few things that judges always … Continue reading
Today I sold the Big Issue for an hour. I was a little bit worried about it, but not too bothered. After all, I have spent years in sales, and many hours on exhibition stands, so I’m not worried about … Continue reading
Next week I’m going to be selling The Big Issue on the streets of Glasgow. When I was asked to do it, I accepted without a thought. After all, I’m a big fan of what the Big Issue Foundation does, … Continue reading
I was one of the judges at the Scottish heat of the Lloyds TSB Enterprise Awards today., and was really impressed with the standard of the entries. Everyone gave such impressive, confident pitches. I was also asked to give a short talk on this topic … Continue reading
I took this photo with my phone on 1st January, 2013. It’s not a great photo, but I’d just discovered that there was a panorama option and I wanted to play with it. New Year is a time to reflect … Continue reading
This is the talk that I gave at ACCA Scotland’s business debate in June 2012. ACCA is the global body for professional accountants. Let me know what you think, join in the debate using the comments below. “I know where … Continue reading