- The future – it’s not like in the movies
- How do you prepare for an uncertain future?
- Pitching – a judge’s perspective
- Today was a really tough day
- A Hard Sell!
- Brief introduction to social media
- What are the vital tasks that young businesses need to undertake in order to succeed?
- A new year begins with a snapshot, friends and memories
- Entrepreneurial students are where will Scotland’s economic growth will come from.
- Positive attitudes!
Author Archives: Fiona
This is the second of the opinion pieces that I’ve been asked to write as part of the Scotsman newspaper 200 year celebration. It was published in the Scotsman on 3rd August, 2017, but I thought I’d reproduce it here, … Continue reading
This is taken from an article I had published as an opinion piece in the Scotsman as part of their 200th anniversary celebrations. The original article was published in the Scotsman on 24th May 2017, but seems to have disappeared from … Continue reading
I’ve sat on a lot of judging panels, and so I thought it would be useful to give you some insights into what matters to the judges. Every competition is different, but there are a few things that judges always … Continue reading
Today I sold the Big Issue for an hour. I was a little bit worried about it, but not too bothered. After all, I have spent years in sales, and many hours on exhibition stands, so I’m not worried about … Continue reading
Next week I’m going to be selling The Big Issue on the streets of Glasgow. When I was asked to do it, I accepted without a thought. After all, I’m a big fan of what the Big Issue Foundation does, … Continue reading
I was one of the judges at the Scottish heat of the Lloyds TSB Enterprise Awards today., and was really impressed with the standard of the entries. Everyone gave such impressive, confident pitches. I was also asked to give a short talk on this topic … Continue reading