- The Road Trip!
- The future – it’s not like in the movies
- How do you prepare for an uncertain future?
- Pitching – a judge’s perspective
- Today was a really tough day
- A Hard Sell!
- Brief introduction to social media
- What are the vital tasks that young businesses need to undertake in order to succeed?
- A new year begins with a snapshot, friends and memories
- Entrepreneurial students are where will Scotland’s economic growth will come from.
Category Archives: Entrepreneurial
I’ve just come home from a great event, organised by Karen Birch of ‘Fair Comment‘, in which two young companies presented their business plans to a small panel of experienced business women. The companies, Kohl Publishing and My Health Cards, … Continue reading
I often find it hard to get started (examples: getting out of bed; writing a strategic plan; picking up the phone; starting a report; going to the gym; writing a blog….). Once I do start something, I get easily sidetracked … Continue reading
A wee while ago, I wrote a blog post about some of the things that the Scottish Institute for Enterprise (SIE) is doing to encourage students to think about setting up their own business after they graduate. Last week, SIE … Continue reading
I’m fortunate enough to head up an organisation that exists to encourage students to become more entrepreneurial, and to consider starting their own businesses. I have a great team, and we see some really amazing young people with great ideas. … Continue reading
I’m often reading articles about whether someone can be taught to become an entrepreneur or whether the entrepreneurial attitude is innate. Opinions are often polarised, but I believe that both are correct; not everyone will have the attributes of an … Continue reading
So the weather is baltic, the roads are gridlocked and the schools are shut. You can’t get to the office, so you can’t get any work done. What a nuisance, or is it? It could be the perfect opportunity to … Continue reading