- The future – it’s not like in the movies
- How do you prepare for an uncertain future?
- Pitching – a judge’s perspective
- Today was a really tough day
- A Hard Sell!
- Brief introduction to social media
- What are the vital tasks that young businesses need to undertake in order to succeed?
- A new year begins with a snapshot, friends and memories
- Entrepreneurial students are where will Scotland’s economic growth will come from.
- Positive attitudes!
Category Archives: Go for it!
I’ve sat on a lot of judging panels, and so I thought it would be useful to give you some insights into what matters to the judges. Every competition is different, but there are a few things that judges always … Continue reading
Next week I’m going to be selling The Big Issue on the streets of Glasgow. When I was asked to do it, I accepted without a thought. After all, I’m a big fan of what the Big Issue Foundation does, … Continue reading
I was one of the judges at the Scottish heat of the Lloyds TSB Enterprise Awards today., and was really impressed with the standard of the entries. Everyone gave such impressive, confident pitches. I was also asked to give a short talk on this topic … Continue reading
I was fortunate enough to attend the Business in Parliament event at Holyrood last week. It was an incredibly friendly and uplifting experience, well attended by politicians of all hues and many business people, representing their own companies and business organisations. I took four … Continue reading
Escape the virtual world for a while Despite the rise of hi-tech conferencing methods such as web seminars, nothing beats the real live experience of attending a conference. Whether you are a new company needing to generate your first few … Continue reading
My daughter and I will be taking part in a 17 mile ‘Midnight March’ on 6th August, on behalf of Wildhearts in Action. Its part of a much longer (45 mile, overnight) #WolfTrek event, but we know our limitations… Its … Continue reading